Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 min
- 8 King Prawns (for a starter or go for as many as you like for a main)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons of coriander - root and stem
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 125ml lime juice
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Paw Paw Salad
- 3 cups of julienned paw paw
- 100grams of blanched green beans
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup of mint leaves
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 300 grams of smoked trout
Cook prawns in pan and toss through Nam jim while hot, this will help release the flavours and par cook some of the stronger aromatics. I personally like to make the Namjim ahead of time to allow the salt to cure the garlic a little.
To make nam jim: Pound chillies, coriander root, garlic, palm sugar, fish sauce and lime juice in mortar. Toss through the sliced onion.
Mix the Nam jim through the salad before serving.