Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 45 min
- 300g peeled green prawns
- 300g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs Chinese rice wine
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light soy sauce
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 250g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 6 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 60ml (1/4 cup) chicken stock
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
Place the prawns, chicken, Chinese rice wine, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of ginger in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Stir until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
Meanwhile, place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over high heat. Add half the prawn mixture and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining prawn mixture. Use paper towel to wipe the wok clean.
Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add the curry powder and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the capsicum, half the shallot and the remaining ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the shallot softens.
Add the prawn mixture, stock and remaining soy sauce. Taste and season with sugar, salt and pepper. Add the noodles and toss until coated and heated through. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and remaining shallot to serve.