Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 5 min
- 100 Gram sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon (Metric) chopped chives
- 1 Teaspoon (Metric) lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon (Metric) sweet chilli sauce
- 4 Drop tabasco or try 1 tsp worcestershire sauce for a different flavour
- 2 Unit parsnips
- 1 Unit egg
- 15 Gram plain flour
- 1 Tablespoon (Metric) chopped parsley
- 25 Gram melted butter
- 30 Millilitre milk
- 30 Gram pecans, roughly chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 125 Millilitre oil
Dipping sauce - Combine all ingredients and add Tabasco/ Worcestershire sauce to taste. Set aside.
Peel parsnips, cut into chunks and place into a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil add a pinch of salt, turn down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Drain and cool.
Puree parsnip in a food processor (if you donâ t have one, you can cook for slightly longer and mash through a sieve). Put into a bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients except the oil.
Heat the oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat. Drop in large spoonfuls of mixture and flatten with the back of the spoon. Cook for about 20 seconds each side, blot off excess fat and serve hot with the dipping sauce.