Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 0 min
- 500g potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 1kg pot-ready black mussels (see note)
- 40ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- Chopped segments of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dired chilli flakes
- 1 cups watercress sprigs
- 1/4cup coriander leaves
- 300g blue swimmer or spanner crab meat, picked through
- Mixed leaf lettuce, to serve
Place potatoes, a pinch of salt and garlic in a saucepan, cover with cold water and cook over medium heat until tender, then drain. Discard garlic. Cool potatoes slightly, then peel and chop.
Meanwhile, place mussels in a saucepan and steam, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally until mussels open. Cool slightly, then remove mussels from their shells.
Combine oil, onion, lemon segments & chili in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add warm potatoes and mussels and toss gently. Layer potato salad, watercress, coriander and crab meat through the lettuce.