Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 15 min
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- Eschalot, finely diced (2/3 cup)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat 2 Tbs. of the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted.
Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until deeply browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the thyme. Cool completely.
In a small bowl, combine the shallot mixture with the remaining
butter and the lemon zest.
Stir to blend well. Lightly season to taste with salt and pepper.
Scrape the butter onto a piece of plastic wrap, mold into a log shape, and wrap in the plastic.
Refrigerate until ready to use. Toss about one-third of the butter (a generous tablespoon) with a batch of vegetables after roasting.