Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 10 min
- 75 Gram basmati rice
- 1 Unit eggplant
- 1 Tablespoon (Metric) olive oil
- 1 Unit brown onion, halved
- 2 Clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Teaspoon (Metric) ground coriander powder
- 2 Teaspoon (Metric) fresh ginger, finely grated
- 0.2 Teaspoon (Metric) fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 0.25 Cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon (Metric) lime rind, finely grated
- 1 Unit lime, juice of
- 65 Gram reduced-fat yoghurt
Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
Meanwhile, cut the eggplant in half lengthways. Use a small sharp knife to cut a 1cm border around the edge of each eggplant half. Scoop out the flesh within the border, leaving about 1.5cm of flesh on the base of each eggplant half. Finely chop the flesh.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, coriander, ginger, chilli and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
Add the chopped eggplant and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until eggplant is soft. Remove from heat.
Add the rice, lime juice to eggplant mixture, and stir to combine. Place eggplant shells in a large baking dish. Spoon rice mixture evenly among eggplant shells. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until eggplant shells are soft and filling is golden.
Place the lime rind into bowl with the yoghurt and serve as you wish.