Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 tpsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter - divided
- 1 clove garlic - peeled, slightly crushed
- 200g white mushrooms - washed, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary - minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
Place oil and 1 tbsp of butter in pan of medium heat.
Add garlic and cook just until it starts to color. (3-5 minutes)
Add mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper to pan and sauté until lightly browned 8-10 minutes.
Add wine and cook until approximately 1/4 cup of liquid remains in pan. (5-10 minutes)
Remove from heat and toss with remaining butter.
Stir gently until butter is melted.
Serve hot over steak , freshly toasted bread or as a side dish.