Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 min
- 200g strawberries, hulled and cut into 0.5cm slices
- good-quality balsamic vinegar
- juice of ½ a lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- a few sprigs of fresh basil, leaves picked
- 250g halloumi cheese, cut into 8 thin slices
- a few sprigs of fresh mint, leaves picked
- a handful of mixed salad leaves, washed and spun dry
- 8 slices of Serrano ham
Preheat a large non-stick frying pan to medium hot and add a splash of olive oil. Press a basil leaf on to each slice of halloumi. Place the slices, leaf side down, in the frying pan and fry for a minute. Turn over carefully and fry for another minute until the halloumi is light golden and crisp.
Get yourself four plates and place a couple of pieces of the crispy halloumi on each. Put the mint, the rest of the basil leaves and the salad leaves into the bowl with the strawberries and toss together.
Pile some of the strawberry mixture in the middle of each plate and drape the ham over the top.
Finish with more salad leaves. To serve, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.