Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 teaspoons canola or grapeseed oil
- 1/2teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 150g of fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1/2 teaspoon light-brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cup sake, dry sherry, or white wine
- 1 tbsp shoyu or other natural soy sauce
- 120g sugar-snap peas or snow peas, strings removed
In a large pan, heat the canola and sesame oils over medium-high heat.
Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
Sprinkle the sugar over the mushrooms and then add the wine and soy sauce. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the sugar-snap peas, cover, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the pea pods are just crisp-tender and light green, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.