Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 min
- 400g runner beans
- 1 medium onion
- 200g kidney beans: if from a can, rinse well & drain.
- 10ml sesame oil (olive will do)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
Wash the runner beans. Trim the ends and remove the stringy bits, if necessary. Slice them diagonally into 1 cm wide strips, which are about 6 cm long. Peel the onion. Chop it in half and slice finely.
Mix the sauce in a cup by blending together the soy sauce / tamari, honey, sesame seeds, lemon juice and ginger.
Heat the sesame oil in a wok and add the onion. Stir regularly and cook on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until nearly soft. Add the runner beans and the kidney beans.
Stir the wok contents and cover (if you have a lid - not a problem if you don't). Cook for about 3 minutes, until the runner beans are tender.
Add the sauce and heat through.