Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 Bunch spinach or 200g baby spinach (washed, drained)
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 100g crumbed fetta
- half brown onion or shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 Cup walnuts, coarsely-chopped
- 0.5 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 Cup really good olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 Tsp ground black pepper
- 2 hardboiled eggs, quartered
Toss spinach, mushrooms, fetta and onion in large bowl and set aside.
Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat to desired crispness, turning frequently.
Drain bacon on paper towels, crumble and set aside. Add walnuts to tablespoon of hot oil in pan. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
Cook 30 seconds to heat thoroughly. Pour hot dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Top with eggs and sprinkle with reserved bacon.