Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 15 min
- 6 tbsp to 1/2 cup olive oil (not virgin olive oil)
- 200 Gram portobello mushrooms, stemmed and slice into four
- 0.5 Teaspoon (Metric) garlic, chopped
- 0.25 Cup sweet marsala wine
- 0.25 Cup beef stock or watered down gravy
- Salt (optional) and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon (Metric) softened butter (optional)
- Good crusty bread
Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute 1 minute. Mushrooms will absorb most of the oil. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes, shaking pan to assure even cooking and to prevent sticking.
Add Marsala and stir to deglaze pan. Continue cooking until most of liquid is absorbed. Add stock/gravy and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and place in a small bowl; toss with butter and divide among 2 plates.
Top with Marsala sauce, and serve warm with crusty bread to sop up the sauce.