Serves: 4-6 | Preparation Time: 15 min
- 150g dark cooking chocolate
- 75g unsalted butter
- 125ml Pedro Ximenez fino sherry, or if unavailable use a dry sherry
- 6 medium eggs, separated
- 150g castor sugar
- ½ cup finley chopped and mashed chestnuts
- 70g hazelnuts, toasted, skinned (rub off with a cloth) and coarsely chopped
- 50g self-raising flour, sifted
- 55g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180C (170C if you have a fan-forced oven). Grease a 24cm spring-form tin with butter, then line with baking paper.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the sherry and gently stir until combined. Leave to cool.