Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 min
- 700g sweet potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 large parsnip, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Baby spinach and red onion, to serve
- Milk mixture
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 6 cup-capacity baking dish.
To make milk mixture: Combine milk, cream and garlic in a jug. Season with salt and pepper.
Layer one-quarter sweet potato over base of prepared dish. Top with one-third parsnip, onion and thyme. Repeat layers, finishing with sweet potato.
Pour milk mixture over potato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until potato is tender and cheese golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.