Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 min
Pork & Pineapple
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cored and sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed.
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and pepper to season
To prepare the pork and pineapple: In a cup, mix the sugar, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, pepper, and salt. Mix half of the spices with the pork, then toss with the oil. Mix the remaining spices with the pineapple. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes while preparing the avocado cream.
Whisk the avocado with the sour cream, lime/lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface to keep the cream fresh looking.
Coat a large nonstick pan with olive oil spray. Warm over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the pork and cook, turning once or twice, for 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add the coriander and toss to combine. Transfer to a clean plate and cover loosely to keep warm.
Add the pineapple to the pan and cook, turning once or twice, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Remove from the heat.
To assemble each serving, place 3 tortillas on a plate. Divide 1/4 of the pork and pineapple between each tortilla. Top with the cream and roll up.