Serves: a few | Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 cup good quality ketchup
- 1/2 cup red wine wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp english mustard
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 level teaspoon fresh salted minced garlic (more of using for a marinade)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 11/2 tsp chilli flakes
Mix all ingredients together and simmer for about 5 minutes to blend the flavours.
When covered, it will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks or more.
If you can make a day ahead even better.
Great as a marinade for red meats, turn up the heat (chilli) and garlic though.