Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 min
- 800g kg large carrots, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices diagonally
- 65ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- The juice of one fresh lemon.
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked, washed, dried, torn
Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the carrot, oil and sugar in a large bowl and toss to coat.
Place half the carrot, in a single layer, in a large roasting pan. Roast in oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with half the cumin, chilli & caraway.
Turn and cook for a further 20-25 minutes or until the carrot is tender and golden. Transfer to a large bowl.
Repeat with remaining carrot and spices.
Season with salt and pepper. Add the chickpeas, lemon juice and mint, and toss until well combined. Serve immediately.