Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 30 min
- 0.5 Cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon (Metric) brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon (Metric) cornflour
- 1 Cup water
- 6 to 10 plums, pitted and cut into slices
- 1 Teaspoon (Metric) grated orange zest
- 0.125 Teaspoon (Metric) almond extract
- 1 Cup flour
- 3 Tablespoon (Metric) sugar, for topping
- 0.3 Cup oats
Topping - flour, 3 tbsp sugar, baking powder, salt, oats, unsalted butter, milk, cinnamon sugar. Mix the 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, cornflour, water, and plums in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add orange zest and almond extract then pour into an 8-inch square pan. For topping, sift flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the rolled oats.
Cut in the 5 tablespoons of butter until mixture is crumbly then stir in the flour until a soft dough is formed.Spoon over the fruit. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over top. Bake in lower third of oven at 400°C for 25 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Serve warm with cream or vanilla bean ice cream.