Serves: 15-20 | Preparation Time: 5 min
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sunflower oil
- 1 tbs black mustard seeds (works without, I know these aren't always in the cupboard)
- 1 tbs ground turmeric
- 2 tbs ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbs grated fresh ginger (1tbs if powedered)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long green chili, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 800g Casa Gusto canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 lightly packed cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (165ml) malt vinegar
Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon salt.
Simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours until the liquid has evaporated and the oil comes to the top.
This keeps in a container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Give it a good stir before serving.