Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 10 min
- 6 good-sized carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- A splash of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 50g cashew nuts (or 2 tbsp peanut butter)
- 750ml-1ltr veg stock
- A handful of fresh mint
- 1 lime
Preheat oven to 220°C/Gas 8. Place a roasting tin in the oven to heat up.
2. Add the carrots, garlic and a splash of olive oil to the hot roasting tin. Season with salt and pepper. Roast till the carrots have coloured up and are mashably tender.
3. Toast your cashews till golden. Whiz in a food processor or a pestle and mortar till like peanut butter (or just use peanut butter).
4. Warm your stock.
5. Once the carrots are cooked, whiz with the nut butter and a few splashes of the stock till you have a thick, smooth and creamy mash. Add a hit of chilli powder, to taste. Whiz in a handful of fresh mint to counter the chilli heat.
6. Trickle and whiz in enough stock to get the soup as thick or thin as you like. Season to taste and finish with a refreshing squeeze of lime juice.