Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 20 min
- 90 Gram ricotta cheese
- 60 Millilitre double cream
- 3 Teaspoon (Metric) basil, thinly sliced (roll about four/five leaves together and then slice, it is easier)
- 0.25 Teaspoon (Metric) ground nutmeg
- 150 Gram good dried papardelle pasta or 200g of fresh pasta
- 30 Millilitre olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into thin batons
- 4 zucchini flowers
- plain flour, for dusting
- 50 Gram woodside ediths ash goats cheese or similar
Combine ricotta, cream, basil & nutmeg in a bowl and season well. Leave this at room temperature for an hour.
Cook the pasta until al dente. While pasta is cooking, fry the zucchini in the olive oil. Remove and place on paper towel.
With only a few minutes before the pasta is cooked, start to prepare the zucchini flowers. Dust the zucchini flowers with flour and shake of the excess and fry for about a minute until golden.
Drain the pasta and place into a large bowl. Add the zucchini flowers and ricotta mixture and toss lightly. Sprinkle with crumbled goats cheese to serve.