Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 10 min
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 slices of sourdough toast buttered
- 6-8 slices of rare roast beef or sirloin sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 20g butter
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 pickle sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp hot English mustard
- 1 head of iceberg, trimmed and cut into 1-inch-wide strips (about 10 cups)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add garlic, butter and lettuce and saute until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
Butter toast and thinly spread with hot English mustard.
Add a layer of sliced tomatoes and then the 'hot lettuce'.
Top with the slices of beef and pickle.
Drizzle any pan juices over the open sandwich.