Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 30 min
- 3 large carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbs besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 eggwhite
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Vegetable oil or ghee, to shallow-fry
Combine the carrot, ginger, besan, eggwhite and coriander in a medium bowl.
Place the mustard seeds and cumin seeds in a small frying pan over high heat and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic and the seeds begin to pop. Remove the frying pan from the heat and add the seeds to the carrot mixture. Stir to combine.
Heat oil or ghee in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
Spoon 3 tablespoonfuls of the carrot mixture into the frying pan. Use the back of a spatula to firmly press the mixture down.
Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown and heated through. Transfer fritters to a plate lined with paper towel.
Place fritters on a platter and serve with the coconut sambal, cucumber pickle and mango chutney.