Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 min
- ½ l Chicken Stock
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Paste
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon Ginger Finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Garlic finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Chilli Oil
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Green peppercorns
- 1½ tablespoons Chopped Chilli's
Heat vegetable oil in a wok and deep fry the chicken until crispy and heated through.
Drain the chicken well.
Remove the oil from the wok, leaving a little behind.
Reduce the heat a little. Add the ginger and garlic and stir fry quickly.
Add the sesame paste, light soy, rice wine vinegar, caster sugar, peppercorns and chilli oil and stir fry quickly to bring the sauce together.
Place the sauce aside.
To Serve - Cut the chicken Chinese style and arrange on a platter. Pour the sauce over the top and finish with chopped shallots. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Recipe: Neil Perry