- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 ripe medium honeydew, halved, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 large spanish onion peeled and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, for serving
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Place prosciutto on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake until prosciutto becomes very crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels and let cool completely. Crumble prosciutto into shards. Set aside.
In a blender, combine melon, cucumber, onion, ice water, and vinegar and blend at high speed until smooth. With blender running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Blend until smooth and frothy, about 1 minute longer. Season with salt. Transfer gazpacho to airtight container and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Divide gazpacho between serving bowls and top with crispy prosciutto and sliced basil. Serve immediately.